How to apply to become an Authorised scheme collector?
You can apply to become an authorised scheme collector by completing the application form (link to Collector application form)
To complete your application, you will need the following documentation
- Appropriate NWCPO collection and facility permits
- Tax clearance certificate
- Third party verification form (for the recovery and recycling facilities you use)
- Company registration details
If you would like to work with an Authorised Collector as a subcontractor, you still need to apply to Repak ELT. You report into Repak ELT, once you have been passed as a Repak ELT subcontractor, following your permit checks.
What do the Regulations mean for Collectors
- As an Authorised Collector from October 1st you are prohibited from collecting waste tyres from non- member outlets
- Only Authorised collectors may give tyres to farmers (who must be registered with Repak ELT)
- You must report the tyres managed by your business
5 steps to becoming an Authorised Collector
- Apply online at repakelt.ie to become an authorised collector
- Check your customers have joined the scheme. From 1st October 2017 Retail members of the scheme may only use Authorised Collectors. In turn Authorised Collectors are prohibited under the regulations from collecting from an outlet who isn’t a member of the scheme.
- Submit all the supporting documentation
- Talk to Repak ELT about your options for reporting
- Secure a recycling or recovery facility to manage your waste and submit corresponding third party verification forms (TPVF)
Payments are made to collectors only when the relevant reporting and supporting documentation, to confirm the end of life tyres have been manged in an environmentally sound manner, have been processed.
Authorised collectors will be paid by the scheme for tyre collection and processing.
For tyres with a zero rate of vEMC you will continue to charge your customer directly for these tyres.
All tyres must be reported regardless of the vEMC rate.
If you have any concern that you are being requested to collect tyres which have not been funded through the scheme, please contact Repak ELT immediately. Repak ELT will only cover payments for scheme tyres collected from member outlets.
All reporting is online through our secure data portal.
The reporting window is open from the 1st to the 15th of each month. Late reporting may delay the processing of your payments.
You report the number of tyres each month collected
- By retailer
- By category
And the weight sent for processing
- By waste facility